It is time. You have come to the conclusion that it is time for a career change. You may have arrived at this conclusion for a multitude of reasons.
Perhaps you have outgrown your current role and crave new challenges or are looking for a better compensation package. Or maybe your hand has been forced. Or, as is increasingly the case, you seek a yet to be discovered sense of fulfillment in your career and REALLY want to do what you love and love what you do.
Whatever impetus led you to this moment, the moment has arrived and you know, in your heart of hearts, that it is time.
As you are reading this, it is likely that you have already begun diving into the logistics to make your next career step a great one. You most certainly have updated your LinkedIn profile and reached out to nurture your connections. You have delved deep – earnestly consulting the internet and canvassing your friends and family – searching for what might be the ideal career path. You also have rocked your resume, bringing it to life after years of neglect. And you may have even dusted off your copy of “What Color is Your Parachute”.
BUT, have you considered the one thing that can truly empower you towards realizing your ultimate goal? Have you considered working with a professional career coach?
Through years of experience and research, we have found that professional career coaching is key in propelling career changes towards achieving sustained work satisfaction and success.
The advantages of career coaching are multi-fold when planning an effective career transition strategy and process.
Through career coaching, you will:
• Gain confidence and learn to define and articulate your value proposition;
• Learn how to make informed decisions about the evolution of your career;
• Build from your foundation of core skills and identify areas to bridge the skill gap towards securing your dream job;
• Identify and take advantage of resources – such as local college courses, certification programs through professional associations – or even by strategically changing jobs to advance incrementally towards your ultimate goal;
• Learn up-to-date career management skills for today’s market; and
• Discover the affirmation of having a dedicated advocate working with and for you to face challenges and identify actionable strategies.
A good career coach on your side will help guide you towards reaching your full potential. Often, we become so imbued in the mundanities of everyday life, or we become so mired in cycles of stress and self-doubt, that we lose sight of our unique attributes and key differentiators.
It is incredibly motivating … and reassuring … to have someone squarely in your corner who is objectively working with, and for, your professional self-actualization.
A professional career coach will help navigate the twists and turns that led you to where you currently are on your career path and will help map out your best route forward.
So, in addition to the steps that you are already taking towards career fulfillment, consider truly empowering yourself by working with a career coach – the one resource that will assure you are fully equipped to define and achieve your professional goals.
We believe in the power of career coaching so much that we have made it an integral part of our services. To find out more, visit The Hire’s Career Coaching page.