4 Ways to Motivate Yourself to Exercise During the Work Week
Motivating yourself to exercise can be hard during the work week when all you want to do is sleep in or rush home to eat and relax at the end of the day. Although it will take some getting used to, there are benefits to working out before or after work.
Before work benefits:
Okay, that sounds great, but I’m too tired in the morning to motivate myself. Don’t fret!
- Place your alarm clock far away on the other side of the room (or in an adjacent one!)
- Don’t sit or shower. Just put on your workout clothes and eat something small.
- Make your workout something to look forward to. Go to your favorite instructor for a class, watch your favorite show on the cardio machine, or listen to your favorite playlist while lifting weights.
Ehhh, doesn’t really sound like me. What about evening workouts?
- You’ll work out harder because you have more energy.
- Relieve the stress of the day!
- Muscle tone will increase because your strength peaks at night.
- You will sleep better. (Hey… that sounds like a repeat!)
- Your mornings are free.
How to motivate yourself to go after work?
- Bring your gym bag with you so that you have no choice but to go.
- Sign up for a class or schedule a session with a trainer so that you are locked in.
- Make dinner plans with a friend afterwards so that you have something to look forward to.
Overall, fitting in a half hour to an hour a few days during the week is a small sacrifice to make when it comes to feeling good about yourself.
Comment below and tell us when you workout and what your favorite exercise is!